Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed

Additional Resources

Due to Congressman Heck's retirement at the end of the 116th Congress, our office is no longer accepting any new casework requests. 

If you need assistance with a federal agency, please contact Senator Murray's office or Senator Cantwell's office. 

If you need assistance with a state agency, please contact your state representatives and senators.

Assistance for Victims of Hate Crimes

According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, hate crimes are malicious acts based on a bias against the victim's race, color, religion, or national orgin. If you are witnessing a violent hate crime, please call 911. For all other non-violent offenses fueled by bigotry and hate, please report it to the Pierce County Police Department [(253) 798-4721] or Thurston County Police Department [(360) 786-5500]. 

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Washington's Hate Crimes Task Force is engaged in efforts to reach out to, and more fully engage, members of our Arab, Muslim, and Sikh communities whose members often find themselves targets of hate crimes. The U.S. Attorney also actively works to address the public safety concerns of our 23 Native American tribes within the Western District of Washington. The U.S. Attorney and Assistant U.S. Attorneys, along with other office staff, regularly speak at community meetings, local events and schools throughout Washington regarding the work of the U.S. Attorney's office as well as specific law enforcement or crime prevention issues of interest.  To request a guest speaker contact Public Affairs Officer Emily Langlie at or 206-553-4110.

There are also national resources available for advocating for preventions against hate crimes:




Anti-Defamation League of B'Nai B'Rith

(202) 452-8310

Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)

(202) 347-5634

National Center for Victims of Crime

(800) 394-2255

National Organization for Victim Assistance

(800) 879-6682

Organization of Chinese Americans, National Office

(202) 223-5500

Birth Certificates

Birth certificates, marriage certificates, and death certificates are available through the Washington office of vital statistics.

Consumer Protection

Advice on avoiding scams and rip-offs, as well as tips on a wide variety of other consumer topics. Learn more about consumer protection.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Resources

Resources for DREAMers and others affect by the rescission of the DACA program.

Drug Abuse Prevention

For resources on the prevention and treatment for drug abuse, please visit the National Institue of Drug Abuse's website.

Disaster Preparedness

Information on preparing for earthquakes, hurricanes, and other disasters.

Federal Business Opportunities

Learn about the procurement procedures for doing business with the Federal government.

Voter Registration

Register to vote in the state of Washington online, by mail, or in person through the Secretary of State's office.

Government Resources

A list of government websites, offices, courts, etc. in one convenient place.


There are many federal resources for caregivers.

Grants and Federal Domestic Assistance

There are thousands of federal grant programs that your organization might be eligible for and I am often asked about what is available. Learn about the available resources to help eligible grant seekers find information on federal grants, loans, and financial assistance for projects, as well as on private funding.

Identity Theft

Information on how to protect your identity from being stolen.


Resources for Washington residents who are seeking employment.

Missing Children

Please help us find these Washington missing children.

Sexual and Domestic Violence

Resources and hotlines for sexual and domestic assault victims. For Thurston County resouces, please visit either SafePlace Olympia or the Thurston County Family Justice Center. For Pierce County residents, visit the Sexual Assault Center for Pierce County. Information on Washington State laws concerning sexual misconduct can be found here. The National Sexual Assault Hotline is avaliable 24 hours everyday at 1-800-656-4673. 

Student Financial Aid

Learn about the process of locating and applying for financial aid.

Suicide Prevention 

Information and tools to proactively prevent suicide. For the 24 hour National Suicide Prevention Hotline, please call 1-800-273-8255.

Unclaimed Property

Washington is holding huge amounts of unclaimed property. Is some of it yours? Common forms of unclaimed property include savings or checking accounts, stocks, uncashed dividends or payroll checks, refunds, traveler’s checks, trust distributions, insurance payments or refunds and life insurance policies, annuities, certificates of deposit, customer overpayments, utility security deposits, mineral royalty payments, and contents of safe deposit boxes.