Rep. Denny Heck Encourages Participation In “Holiday Mail For Heroes” Program
Congressman Denny Heck (WA-10) is encouraging South Sound residents to participate in the “Holiday Mail for Heroes” program sponsored by the American Red Cross. The program, which began in 2006, provides Americans with the opportunity to send holiday cards to service members, veterans, and their families across the United States and around the world.
Cards should be sent to the American Red Cross by Friday, December 6, 2013. Rep. Heck will also be collecting cards at both of his district office locations until December 4.
“The South Sound knows the value of our service members, veterans and military families better than anyone,” said Rep. Heck. “Let’s show our heroes at home and abroad our support this the holiday season by sending them a message of gratitude.”
The Red Cross has distributed more than 6.5 million cards for members of the U.S. military, veterans and their families since the “Holiday Mail for Heroes” program began seven years ago. Participants are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Make sure that your card is signed
- Use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member”
- Only cards are being accepted. Please do not send or include letters.
- Please do not include email or home addresses on the cards.
- Please do not include photos or other inserts.
- Please do not send cards with glitter as it can aggravate health issues of ill and injured warriors.
Cards can be mailed to:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
South Sound residents may drop off their cards at either of Rep. Heck’s district office locations through December 4, 2013. The district office addresses are listed below: